Senior Scientist, Immunoassay
We are in search of a Research Scientist in Immunoassay to join the Translational Biomarkers and Bioanalysis department collaborating closely with colleagues in Development Sciences and across the organization to support bioanalysis and biomarker activities. This is a contracted role based in Slough, with the possibility of an extension.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to provide updates, deliver data, transfer assays and aid troubleshooting with key project stakeholders and to contract research organisations.
- Development, optimisation and fit-for-purpose validation of high-quality biomarker assays.
- Understanding the scientific question to be answered to help define assay performance characteristics.
- Potential to act as a Bioanalytical Representative on project teams, responsible for implementing and driving the project's bioanalytical strategy (for the measurement of PK, anti-drug antibodies and biomarkers).
- Maintain an awareness of new / emerging techniques and tools relevant to the field.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, HTA
Skills and Requirements
- The applicant should have a minimum of a BSc in a biological discipline.
- Ligand binding assay development experience for biomarkers (e.g. MSD, ELISA, bead-based assays).
- Proficient in data analysis.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary project teams - e.g. presenting data, progress updates and recommended next steps.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively in a dynamic laboratory environment to project timelines; able to communicate clearly with colleagues.
- Previous experience of working in a pharmaceutical drug discovery/development environment.
- Knowledge and awareness of other technology platforms that could be considered for biomarker assay development
- An appreciation of the importance of understanding the Context of Use and biomarker biology, and translation of this into fit-for-purpose biomarker assay validation.
- Experience in transfer of analytical methods to Contract Research Organisations.
- Experience of working with electronic laboratory notebooks.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.