Senior Scientist (Bioscience)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Oncology Bioscience group in Cambridge as a laboratory-based scientist. You will become part of a large team of bioscientists and play a pivotal role in the delivery of robust and high-quality ex vivo data to support drug discovery projects within the Oncology portfolio.
- Delivering ex vivo pharmacodynamic data according to the study plan as agreed with the team leader or project supervisor designing, performing and interpreting pharmacodynamic tumour data from in vivo studies using RNA and protein profiling techniques eg western blotting, ELISA, qPCR
- Providing expert interpretation of the data, identifying innovative solutions to problems and putting forward plans for further experiments
- Communicating experimental data and key findings in a clear and concise manner to project teams
- Generating and maintaining clear experimental records
- Maintaining an awareness of current developments in the literature to support projects
Skills and Requirements
- PhD or 3 years of relevant industrial laboratory experience in pharmacology, in vivo, cell biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Evidence of strong technical and experimental ability to deliver data from the lab
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Positive and collaborative team player with willingness to improve and learn new skills
- Passion for experimental work with a desire to pursue a career from the lab
- Understanding of in vivo study design.
- An understanding of the drug discovery process
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jenni Woolley on 02039670935 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.