Senior Research Associate Proteomics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate/Research Associate of Proteomics for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Proteomics Senior Research Associate/Research Associate, you will participate in developing, implementing and applying state of the art proteomics technologies for the detection and identification of naturally processed and presented peptides.
- Sample preparation for nanoLC-MS/MS analysis, including desalting, chemical modification, fractionation, and isobaric tag labelling.
- Instrument maintenance (Thermo instruments)
- nanoLC-MS/MS analyses of biologically derived protein and peptide mixtures.
- Analysis of nanoLC-MS/MS data and post-processing of data.
- Contributions to nanoLC-MS/MS experimental design.
- Review of scientific literature.
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook.
- Presentation of results to crossfunctional teams.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS, BA, or MS degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience in academia or industry.
- Familiarity with proteomic workflows for sample processing (enzymatic digestion of proteins, chemical modification, desalting, fractionation, isobaric tag labeling, etc.)
- Familiarity with nanoLC-MS/MS and proteomic software preferred.
- Familiarity with data-dependent, targeted and quantitative proteomics.
- Experience with basic molecular biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Ability to organize and tabulate data - Excellent attention to detail and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative, matrix environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.