Senior Laboratory Technician Molecular Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Technician of Molecular Biology for a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will be responsible for performing assays and related activities within the testing facility to support manufacturing, as well as standard, and custom testing following cGMP Guidelines.
- Performs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines, and SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques for the lab group assigned to.
- Performs laboratory support functions (e.g. materials stocking function) to help ensure lab is operational and contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Adheres to and understands the importance of Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures, including Good Documentation Practices.
- Performs basic Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) revisions and Reagent Preparation Records as needed to accurately reflect testing procedures.
- Authors Test Methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Reagent Preparation Records as needed to accurately reflect manufacturing processes.
- Ensures junior manufacturing personnel comply with standard operating procedures.
- Works on routine assignments as well as other assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Works under minimal supervision from the area supervisor or area leader.
- Serves to mentor junior staff.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Technician is required to work the assigned schedule
- May be required to work Overtime.
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties as assigned
- May be required to assist in other departments
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors' degree with a major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major including lab courses involving work with nucleic acids.
- Experience in aseptic processing techniques a plus.
- Must be able to wear appropriate clean room attire (i.e. surgical masks) and all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Works in production environment with exposure to latex and bleach. Potential exposure to noise and equipment hazards (i.e. vacuum pumps, pressurized vessels), dangerous materials (i.e. chemicals, solvents, pathogens), freezer burns, allergens and strong odors.
- Based on work assignment, may be recommended to have medical testing in accordance with the company's Occupational Health Program.
- Proficient in Verbal & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Dominic Santoro at (+1) 215-531-5280 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.