Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Biologist for a global biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will have extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology with a variety of techniques, including: ELISA/MSD, DNA and RNA preparation, TaqMan-based qRT-PCR, Illumina-based sequencing and arrays, Wes/Western blotting, and enzyme/cell-based assays.
- Independently design, execute, and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions
- Formulate conclusions and design follow-on experiments based on multidisciplinary data
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as individual role in achieving those objectives, and modify experimental plan when required to respond
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in research activities
- Initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research program
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of relevant technologies
- Set and meet experimental timelines
- Effectively organize and present scientific plans and data
- Routinely read and apply relevant scientific literature
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds and animal care
Skills and Requirements:
- BS, MS, or PhD with 5+ years of relevant experience
- DNA and RNA preparation from samples such as colon homogenates and stool
- Executing qRT-PCR (Taqman) assays
- Executing ELISA/MSD assays
- Executing human whole blood assays
- Flow cytometry
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.