Scientist, Molecular Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist of Molecular Biology for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. successful candidate will design and independently conduct scientific development projects from inception to completion.
- Conduct and direct assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately complete batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Demonstrate innovative and independent scientific technical expertise.
- Work with Lab Supervisor in scheduling and coordinating day-to-day laboratory operations.
- Contribute independently to overall scientific rigor through objective laboratory investigation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- Conduct critical review of results and reports data to Technical Reviewer, Area Manager or Principal Investigator.
- Initiates, prepares and revises technical documents and reports.
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
- Maintain laboratory notebook and follows all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer, Area Manager or Principal Investigator.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
- Reviews and signs lab notebooks.
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting and trains new personnel in lab procedures.
- Effectively interacts with clients as required.
- Documents test article information on temperature charts for monitored equipment and gives copy to Quality Assurance as needed.
- Completes all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogen, Quality Assurance, safety, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent with a Master's degree with a major in Biological Sciences or science related major or equivalent training and/or experience; or 7+ years of relevant experience or equivalent with a Bachelor's degree with commensurate experience.
- Ability to explain unexpected results and find solutions to solve the technical issues
- Specialized training in laboratory techniques used in assigned laboratory is required.
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines is preferred.
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more difficult nature.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate laboratory equipment (i.e. biohazard hood, centrifuge, incubator, and autoclave) and computer equipment and software. (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook).
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Clarity of vision at near and mid-ranges (less than 20 feet), depth perception and ability to identify and distinguish colors
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Claudia Reid at (+1) 215-531-5315 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.