Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Candidate will be responsible for the analysis and structural characterization of small organic molecules using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques to support medicinal chemists and the molecular screening and characterization groups.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining the Purity LC/MS platform and to contribute on mass spectrometry-based small molecule characterization efforts in partnership with the NMR group.
- The candidate will also work on sample preparation for the therapeutic area discovery projects and for other high throughput analytical technologies being developed within the group.
- The Scientist will be expected to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- This individual must be enthusiastic, eager to learn and be able to work independently.
- They must maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting and be able to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
Skills and Requirements:
- S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or other physical sciences is desired.
- The selected candidate should have some familiarity with liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry instrumentation, and have excellent sample preparation skills.
- Due to having to work across multi-disciplinary groups he or she should possess excellent communication skills.
- Basic understanding of analytical chemistry principles, techniques, and technology.
- Ability to operate and maintain instrumentation with minimal supervision, after being trained.
- Ability to learn new analytical, sample preparation and biochemical techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and good record keeping.
- Good computer skills and an ability to learn/master new programs and data processing.
- Further expertise in GC or HPLC, Mass Spectrometry, and organic chemistry will be given preference.
- Experience with the analysis of small molecules and structure elucidation
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 15-531-5643.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.