A global biopharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Scientist, to be based in their office in Cambridge. The organisation focuses on developing treatments in the fields of oncology, cardiovascular & metabolic disease (CVMD), and respiratory fields, as well as actively participating in the fields of autoimmunity, neuroscience, and infection. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with an innovative company whose medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. This is a contract role.
- Supporting the Core Tissue Culture group in maintaining a wide variety of cells lines whilst adhering to established SOPs.
- Preparing culture medium according to established protocols.
- Adhering to Core Tissue Culture SHE risk assessments and local procedures,
- Disposing of cell samples according to COSHH risk assessments.
- Ensuring that records are kept up to date.
Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to degree level in a science related subject or have equivalent laboratory technician experience; cell biology laboratory experience would be beneficial.
- Hands-on experience of cell culture and cell-based methodologies.
- Able to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations.
- Cryogenic storage experience and handling awareness would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ben Rashbrook at +44 203 854 1079 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.