Scientific Programmer - Bioinformatics
Proclinical has partnered with a research organisation in search for a Scientific Programmer with a keen interest in platform development and applying state of the art bioinformatics to target id and drug discovery.
- Develop an interactive platform and applications for multi-omics data analysis
- Apply novel algorithms to support analysis of large omics data sets, e.g. for single cell and high throughput RNA-Seq
- Use your creativity to find solutions to yet unsolved scientific and technical challenges
- Work with researchers in interdisciplinary project teams in multiple research programs
Skills and Requirements
- Master's degree or higher in a natural or formal science discipline
- Strong programming skills in R, ideally with package development and Shiny apps
- Knowledge of software development methodology (version control, testing, documentation)
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Fluency in English
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.