ProClinical are partnering with a global pharmaceutical company to advertise a Scientific Advisor vacancy. This organisation is devoted to providing transformative therapies to cancer patients by developing and commercialising innovative treatments. The Scientific Advisor will join this company's team in the Netherlands.
As Scientific Advisor, you will serve as a primary medical resource capable of conducting high level scientific and strategic interactions across multiple products and diseases; you will also interact with external thought leaders as well as internal customers. Furthermore, as SA, you will support medical education and clinical research, whilst ensuring appropriate non-biased scientific exchange and the development of peer relationships with & scientific support to Health Care Professionals (HCP) in the geographic region. Finally, you will demonstrate a deep understanding od the scientific trends within the acute care environment and routinely synthesize the scientific field insights and communication to the appropriate affiliate and headquarter based colleagues.
- Leading thought leader development for the organisation by fostering mutually productive relationships with HCPs & key decision makers across different types of healthcare organisations. This includes clinical research, group purchasing organisations within medical education, healthcare systems, and health technology assessment (HTA) bodies.
- Supporting the execution of clinical development programs with interactions with study teams and HCPs/researchers at all phases of research, such as assisting with protocol development, identifying experts, site selection, investigator identification, and clinical trial site scientific and subject enrolment support.
- Conducting strategic discussions regarding research to support investigator/customer-initiated studies for medical and clinical research, health economics, and outcomes research (HEOR).
- Attending and participating in medical/scientific meetings and conferences for the purpose of maintaining clinical/scientific expertise & providing strategic insights into emerging scientific data & healthcare trends.
- Supporting Market Access activities by providing scientific expertise for various stakeholders.
- Contributing to or leading Medical Affairs projects at a cluster or regional level.
- Leading development or communication of scientific data to diverse audiences including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key stakeholders.
- Executing scientific support for commercial functions of the organisation, including scientific support to health care professionals and training for speakers and Key Account Managers as needed.
- Maintaining cross-functional collaboration with internal & field teams to provide scientific expertise and functions as a scientific advisor with Clinical Research, local MA Strategy, Commercial, etc.
- Supporting clinical, medical affairs, and health economics and outcomes research through numerous activities, including site identification, site feasibility, and protocol development. Furthermore, it will also include physician/nurse education for both marketed products and the pipeline products for company sponsored research, along with study management in collaboration with clinical operations and clinical research teams for medical affairs-sponsored studies.
Skills and Requirements:
- An advanced Clinical or Scientific degree.
- At least 4 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in related areas, such as Medical Affairs, Research & Development, and Pharmacology.
- At least 2 years as a Medical Scientific Liaison or field-based Medical/Scientific Advisor role in Oncology.
- Demonstrable experience with leading projects and interacting with cross-functional teams.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in Oncology.
- A fellowship or residency in Oncology is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in health economics and outcomes research, along with healthcare systems and payers, is desirable.
- Proficiency in Dutch.
- Capable of working independently, analysing, working with attention to detail, process and prioritise sensitive complex information, and solve problems.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, influence, and leadership.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.