Research Scientist, Purification Process Science
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Scientist of Purification Process Science for a pharmaceutical company located in Wilmington, DE. Successful candidate will support protein purification process development and optimization primarily for novel therapeutic monoclonal antibody products including bispecifics throughout all stages of clinical trials.
- Conduct routine protein purification to support discovery team's material needs and cell culture development
- Conduct high-throughput protein purification to support cell line development
- Conduct purification process development, optimization, and pilot scale-up manufacturing
- Conduct routine analyses of in-process samples using relevant product purity and process impurity analytical tools
- Prepare buffers and solutions needed for laboratory work
- Manage laboratory supplies and instrument maintenance
- Write routine electronic laboratory notebook and development reports
- Participate and present updates in routine group meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS. degree in biochemistry, bioengineering, biology, chemistry or related fields with a minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experiences
- Good knowledge in protein chemistry and bioprocessing
- Good knowledge and hands-on experiences in various types of column/membrane chromatography (affinity, size exclusion, ion exchanges, HIC, multi-mode) and filtration technology (TFF and nanofiltration) for cell culture clarification, protein purification and analysis
- Experiences in protein purification process development and scale-up
- Experiences in using AKTA line of purification instruments from lab scale to pilot scale
- Experiences in using UF/DF instrument for buffer exchange, product concentration, and formulation
- Experiences in using depth filtration for cell culture clarification
- Experiences in using analytical instruments for protein analysis such as HPLC, SoloVPE, SDS-PAGE or SDS-CGE, ELISA, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, cooperative, independent, meticulous
- Experiences in Design Of Experiment approach and high-throughput protein purification platform will be a plus
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matt Tong at (+1) 646-878-6308 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Research Scientist to be based in their office in of Basel.