Research Scientist (NMR)
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Scientist for a CRO located in Lafayette, IN. Successful candidate will obtain, interpret, and report scientific data, consult with clients, maintain NMR instruments, and train and mentor other scientists in the Analytical Development group.
- Perform routine laboratory testing using various spectroscopic instrumentation according to study design or under the guidance of project leader.
- Provide technical support to assigned projects, using robust scientific practices which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Conduct laboratory experiments as part of development and validation of solid-state chemistry analytical methods to support analytical development processes, including preparation of solid-state mixtures and studies of solid-state attributes of materials.
- Assist in preparing technical documents.
- Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science field with 2 - 3 years of experience in industry.
- Experience with NMR spectroscopy and other spectroscopic instrumentation such as IR, Raman.
- Experience with interpretation of analytical data.
- Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn other statistical/scientific software packages, as required.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills to identify and solve work related issues.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Claudia Reid at (+1) 215-531-5315 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.