We are in search for a talented Research Scientist to provide cell culture support. You will be part of a team contributing to Discovery R&D, working closely with a range of customers across sites purchasing of all new cell lines.
- To support the Cell team in maintaining a wide variety of cells lines whilst adhering to established SOP's
- To prepare culture medium according to established protocols
- To adhering to Tissue Culture SHE risk assessments and local procedures
- To dispose of cell samples according to COSHH risk assessments
- To ensure that records are kept up to date
Skills and Requirements
- Educated to degree level in a science related subject or have equivalent laboratory technician experience; cell biology laboratory experience would be beneficial
- Hands-on experience of cell culture and cell-based methodologies
- Good communication skills on all levels, problem solving capabilities and ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work unsupervised to deadlines
- Ability to deal promptly, effectively and courteously with requests for information and to use initiative in solving problems and responding to queries ensuring compliance with standard procedures and practices
- Able to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
- Cryogenic storage and handling awareness would be beneficial
- Ability to support a project manager and deliver to agreed deadlines
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.