Research Scientist II - Microspectroscopy
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Scientist II of Microspectroscopy for a CRO located in West Lafayette, IN. Successful candidate will perform, analyze and interpret data from experiments independently utilizing polarized light microscopy, stereomicroscopy, infrared microspectroscopy, SEM/EDX, and Raman microspectroscopy.
- Provide project oversight, client interactions if required, and scientific input.
- Develop and utilize characterization techniques to support drug substance and drug product development.
- Comply with all cGMP and safety requirements, laboratory SOPs and company policies and procedures.
- Participate and oversee troubleshooting of analytical test methods and laboratory instruments.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation, prepare and review well-written scientific reports.
- Develop and write analytical methods and operating procedures according to specific sample or testing requirements.
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's or Bachelor's in Chemistry or related science field.
- Knowledge base in microscopy (that may include light, hot-stage, Raman, FT-IR, or SEM/EDS) or microspectroscopy.
- 1-5 years of related laboratory work experience.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with advanced analytical techniques, design and troubleshooting experiments and interpretation of data.
- Excellent communication skills, as is a high level of independence and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Certification in Applied Chemical Microscopy
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Maya Smith at (+1) 267-405-6995 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.