Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Significant familiarity with HPLC operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Data collection and analysis; preparing reports from data; communication and discussion of results.
- Experience with common laboratory techniques: sample preparation and handling; ability to reproduce scientific procedures and modify procedures to fit situational needs; knowledge of and ability to create and maintain scientific records.
- Provide analytical support for Open Access UPLC/MS instrumentation and high throughput purification platforms. Run physicochemical assays to support small/large molecule projects.
- The role involves the use of automated instrumentation for HT assay support; the applicant must demonstrate an aptitude for the operation of analytical instrumentation (UPLC/MS, HPLC etc.)
- Operates and maintains the Open Access UPLC/MS systems for the Medicinal Chemistry and Analytical Research teams.
- Provides high throughput purification support for compound arrays to support Medicinal Chemistry project teams.
- Contributes as part of the Analytical Research group to the optimization of HPLC methodologies in support of small and large molecule research programs.
- Runs Physicochemical and formulation assessments to support project teams.
- Role requires employee to work in cross functional teams so applicant must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must have strong communication and writing skills and be able to present his/her work at group meetings.
- Makes and understands basic experimental decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Documents personal experimental results accurately and completely in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN).
- Coordinates with departmental peers on project work as appropriate.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; relevant industry experience preferred
- Appropriate laboratory training
- Practical experience with typical analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, UPLC/MS, NMR, UV, IR etc.)
- General familiarity with analytical theory and techniques.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot routine issues or problems using appropriate information
- Teamwork - Ability to work well within small group functional teams.
- Communication Skills -Ability to expresses one's self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization - Exercises good time management skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.