Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Purification Scientist for a global biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will work independently as well as part of teams to purify proteins in support of drug discovery.
- Develop protocols to purify proteins using SEC, IEX, and AEX chromatography.
- Work with AKTA FPLC systems to purify proteins.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab.
- Effectively coordinate with colleagues and research teams.
- Contribute to experimental design and process optimization.
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature to improving protocols.
- Effectively communicate research progress through oral presentations and written documentation.
- Keep accurate, detailed, and timely records of laboratory work.
- BS and 5+ years of relevant experience; MS and 2+ years of relevant experience or a recent PhD.
- Strong laboratory skills, effective documentation skills and the ability to present data clearly are necessary.
- Candidates will have experience in purification of proteins from E. coli, insect, and human cell culture systems. Experience with high throughput purification a plus.
- Experience with protein analysis: SDS-PAGE, western blot, and analytic SEC.
- Experience in molecular cloning and expression construct design.
- Experience in research and development of protein therapeutics a plus.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.