Project Manager III
A global pharmaceutical leader that focuses on solving unmet needs is advertising a vacancy with ProClinical for a Project Manager III. The company, whose therapeutics focus is oncology, gastroenterology, and the central nervous system, is seeking for a Project Manager II to join their team on a contracted basis; this role will be a 6-month contract with a strong possibility of both a long-term extension and transition into permanent role.
The Project Manager will join the company's Data Science Institute (DSI) and will be involved in managing and/or coordinating all project activities for key Data Science Initiatives, including Data Governance working groups and Core team deliverables. They will be a key member of these project initiative teams, ensuring that stakeholders are appropriately engaged, project plans are documented, activities are appropriately assigned and tracked, communication plans are in place, and project activities are scheduled, coordinated, and on track. Finally, the Project Manager will work closely with the DSI Lead to identify gaps and challenges, prepare status reports, and escalate issues as necessary.
- Scheduling and facilitating working group meetings.
- Developing and maintaining working group project plans and managing team towards completion of activities.
- Creating and executing a communication plan.
- Ensuring project team documentation and any document sharing tools, such as Sharepoint, are consistently maintained and meeting team and communication needs.
- Ensuring project deliverables and activities are appropriately assigned and accountable, and that partners are aware of their responsibilities and timelines.
- Scheduling one-to-one and ad hoc meetings to build and maintain effective relationships with team members and ensuring they have what they need to meet expectations.
- Working closely with DSI leads to identify gaps, escalate issues, and ensure cross working group communication is in place.
- Identifying emerging business needs, such as policies, process improvements, or additional stakeholder involvement.
Skills and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in science or business-related field.
- 5-7 years' experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry.
- Prior experience in data - or technology - related function.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and simplify/organise complex tasks.
- Demonstrable experience managing projects in a global matrix/team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with solid influencing, negotiating, and persuasion skills.
- Capable of identifying business problems/risks/issues and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development process preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment with demonstrated ability to manage and interpret complex information from multiple internal and external sources to enable high level decision making.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Kevin Cassini on +1 215 531 5288 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
US$0.00 - US$50.00 per hour
San Francisco, California
ProClinical is pleased to announce that there is a vacancy for a Project Manager position
ProClinical is pleased to announce that a leading global research-based pharmaceutical company is seeking a Head of Human Resources.
San Francisco, California
A leading US biopharmaceutical organisation with an extensive commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs