Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biologist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. The chosen candidate will perform essential bench molecular and cellular biology experiments to help with assay development and drug screening and characterization. The ideal candidate will have direct experience with cell culture (cell line primary rodent neurons and iPSC neurons), molecular biology, and assays such as ELISA, FACS, IP, Western Blot, and luciferase reporter assay. The successful candidate will make use of problem solving, critical thinking, and effective written and oral presentation skills in a highly matrixed team environment. Candidates must have meticulous work habits and excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Design workflow, procedures and experiments in consultation with supervisor
- Help to develop and execute cell-based assays for antibody screening and characterization
- Antibody characterization by ELISA, IP, Co-IP, Western Blot, and FACS
- Cell culture including cell line, primary rodent neurons, and iPSC neurons
- Maintain accurate and timely records of research and project activity in electronic notebook
Skills and Requirements:
- BS / MS in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, or a related field
- Cell biology: experience in mammalian cell culture, stable cell line production, immunocytochemistry, and FACS
- Molecular biology: assays using techniques such as DNA construction, ELISA, IP, West Blotting, and protein purification
- Ability to perform productively and efficiently within a dynamic work environment
- Knowledge and experience in biologics drug discovery is a plus
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.