Laboratory Technician III, Molecular Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician of Molecular Biology for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will be responsible for performing assays and related activities within the testing facility to support manufacturing, as well as standard, and custom testing following cGMP Guidelines.
- Performs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines, and SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques for the lab group assigned to.
- Performs laboratory support functions (e.g. materials stocking function) to help ensure lab is operational and contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, and standard operating procedures, including Good Documentation Practices.
- Performs basic Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) revisions and Reagent Preparation Records as needed to accurately reflect testing procedures.
- Completes recording of data in instrument logbooks and lab cleaning forms to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Attends the daily lab meeting on a regular basis and escalate issues/concerns at that forum to the supervisor for further investigation.
- Provides operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment maintenance.
- Supports technical transfer of assays from client to Technical Development to Operations; supports additional research level testing activities.
- Works on routine testing assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Works under close supervision from supervisor and/or Technical Reviewer.
- Completes all requisite site-specific and job-specific training (e.g, Bloodborne Pathogens, Safety, GDP, and Radiation Safety).
- May work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature, where judgment is required to resolve operational issues without negatively impacting manufacturing efforts. Examples include Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) or Batch Record revision or generalized trouble shooting of equipment.
- Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior laboratory personnel.
- Provides operational support for Molecular Biology activities including (Ex. media/buffer preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment/materials staging/ Aseptic Technique).
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
- Technician is required to work the assigned schedule.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Thorough understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- May be required to assist in other departments.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.