Laboratory Operations Manager
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Operations Manager with a CRO located in Pittsburg, PA. As the Laboratory Operations Manager, you will complete assigned tasks with appropriate support from administrative assistant and research staff.
- Establishes, maintains and manages lab and office infrastructure as well as team resources that enable the team to achieve its core mission.
- Manages lab operations.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate manuals, standard operating procedures (SOP) and research protocols to support the safe, effective, and uninterrupted operation of state-of-the art lab facilities.
- Works with scientific staff to maintain a comprehensive set of training documents and SOPs for all procedures (including animal experiments).
- Oversees the appropriate handling and documentation required for the storage, use, and disposal of hazardous substances used.
- Plans, contracts, and manages suitable third-party solutions and services in support of in-house rodent experimentation facility.
- As needed, establishes, and maintains appropriate laboratory accreditations and operating standards to conduct work under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, with >2 years of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fundamental proficiencies in accounting and project management.
- The ideal candidate combines the above with some or all the following qualifications:
- Working experience in a commercial R&D or operations setting.
- MBA or other relevant post-graduate qualifications.
- Experience with laboratory information system (LIMS) is a plus.
- Experience working under GLP standards and ensuring BSL-2 safety compliance is a plus.
- Experience overseeing vivarium operations is a plus. Entrepreneurial and innovative; takes measured risks; thinks outside the box; challenge the status quo.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mary Jacobs at (+1) 312-291-4181 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.