Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Lab Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Albany, NY. The Research Scientist is an integral part of the team, contributing to our success by the synthesis, purification and identification of intermediates and target compounds. The Research Scientist is expected to demonstrate expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects of organic chemistry.
- Synthesize compounds efficiently using literature or in-house notebook procedures.
- Purify synthesized chemicals to an appropriate degree. The scientist will be able to use the full range of chromatographic, crystallization, and distillation techniques.
- Analyze and identify compounds using a good range of modern separation and spectroscopic techniques. This will include interpretation of TLC, HPLC, polarimetry, IR, and NMR spectra of moderate complexity.
- Organize work time so that several reactions are run concurrently.
- Use time efficiently to produce target compounds and perform other tasks.
- Manage workload and time to enable the incumbent to perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors or master's degree with major in chemistry or equivalent industrial experience
- 0-5 years of industry experience in the medicinal chemistry field
- The capability to modify reaction conditions in order to improve yields (design of new or alternate reaction sequences is not a normal expectation, but will enhance the performance evaluation of the scientist)
- The ability to conduct literature searches for specific target compounds, structures related to the target compound, or to determine specific conditions for compounds and reactions
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.