In Vitro Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a In Vitro Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Wilmington, DE. The candidate will be responsible for performing in vitro studies for cancer drug discovery programs. This includes the development of relevant preclinical model systems for the identification and validation of novel therapeutic targets. The successful candidate is able to work with minimal supervision in most molecular and cellular biology techniques and demonstrates an understanding of cancer biology. Experience with oncogenic signaling pathways and targeted therapies is an advantage. The candidate is expected to work with their supervisor to design and execute a research plan that will answer critical questions about compounds and targets under evaluation.
- Design, execute, and interpret cell-based in vitro experiments to explore the therapeutic potential of small molecule inhibitors
- Experienced in protein analysis techniques such as Western Blot, ELISA, MSD, HTRF
- Familiar with small molecule drug screening in cell-based assays
- Evaluate data, prepare reports and presentations for internal meetings
- Work collaboratively across multiple functional groups within drug discovery to achieve shared goals as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master in Cancer Biology, Pharmacology or related field
- Strong background in oncogenic signaling pathways with hands on experience in cell and molecular biology including cell culture, cell growth assays, siRNA, CRISPR, western blot, ELISA and common high-throughput protein analysis techniques such as HTRF and MSD
- Experience in the following techniques including flow cytometry, real-time PCR, immune cell isolation is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jarred Fetterman at 215-531-5593.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.