Global Procurement Category Leader for API
Proclinical has partnered with a global biotech in search for an experienced Procurement Category Leader for API. This role will oversee raw materials and packaging, designing and building Category Sourcing Strategies with close alignment with the Global and Local Technical Teams.
- Drive Category Management process for the assigned categories.
- Be the Procurement Subject Matter Expert on assigned categories.
- Identify and classify new opportunities through best in class category management processes with strong alignment with Internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Strategic planning: Develop long term strategic category plans for the assigned categories
- Develop best procurement practices and support implementation of these practices in all sites and affiliates
- Understand Company objectives and how they derive into business strategies and priorities
- Develop and execute a Stakeholder Engagement plan in alignment with buyers and Procurement Managers.
- When relevant, align and agree with buyers and Procurement managers on Global strategies and Local strategies design and execution
- Manage Global agreements design and run global negotiation.
- Manage and track Supplier performance and innovation with defined KPI
- Manage key supplier interactions, communication process across the organisation
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor/master's degree in management with preferably specialization in Procurement.
- Demonstrated experience in Procurement in an international environment
- Proven success in delivering competitive advantage to the business and in leading projects
- Experience in negotiation in cross functional and cross market teams
- Demonstrated successful use of risk management and supplier relation management
- Fluent in English.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.