Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist with a medical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will have analytical laboratory expertise as well as solid-state characterization experience to support laboratory research on new chemical entities. The candidate will contribute to the execution of all laboratory activities related to the transition of novel small molecule compounds from Discovery into Development in support of pre-clinical and clinical programs.
- Perform solid-state characterization experiments for potential drug development candidates
- Execution of experiments with XRPD, DSC, TGA, optical microscope and HPLC/UPLC (Empower)
- Screen formulation vehicles to enable non-GLP and GLP pre-clinical studies
- Perform drug substance and formulation stability studies to ensure optimal formulation development and selection for pre-clinical studies
- Collaborate with discovery and development teams to facilitate appropriate formulation selection and support for non-clinical studies
- Maintain an accurate, timely, and compliant laboratory notebook
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, pharmaceutics, chemical engineering or material sciences with 2+ years' experience
- Experience in the Discovery and Development interface
- Knowledge of small molecule and pre-clinical formulation development
- Understanding of the physical and chemical characterization of molecules, including solid state and solution properties
- Proficient with HPLC/UPLC (Empower), DSC, XRPD, TGA
- Knowledge of common excipients and experience with technologies to enhance poorly soluble and/or bioavailable candidates
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and compounds
- Self-motivated and willing to "learn on the job" and ask for assistance when needed
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.