Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Collaborate with team members or across functions to advance understandings of ASD development, propose experimental designs, execute experimental plans and interpret results with minimal supervision. Identify and support the implementation of innovative concepts and technologies in support of ASD development.
- Drive development activities such as physicochemical characterization (PXRD, DSC, TGA, Raman and FTIR analysis, polarized light microscopy, moisture sorption, ssNMR analysis), solubility, dissolution and stability assessments (HPLC).
- Participate in predicting physicochemical properties of ASD materials using computational techniques, identify innovative approaches to evaluate stability and performance of ASD products.
- Perform basic statistical analysis of experiments.
- Maintain/record computational and experimental data, draft scientific reports and manuscripts.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science with 0-1 years' experience.
- MS with 0-2 years' experience.
- BS with 2-4 years' experience.
- Background in Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related areas.
- Hands on experience in solid-state characterization techniques. Knowledge/experience in amorphous solid dispersion development is plus.
- Experience in working in a Linux-based environment is preferred but not required. Experience/knowledge in computational techniques (e.g., force field optimization, free energy calculation, etc.) is plus.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, strong capabilities in experimental design and execution, as well ability to work independently are essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to serve as a team member in an environment where individual initiative, collaboration and accountability are valued.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.