Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Formulation Engineer with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Working in the small molecule Formulation Development group based in Cambridge, MA to understand the impact of material properties on extended-release (ER) tablet formulation to support the development of small molecule ER platform
- Areas of specialization should reside in the fields of material characterization, melt-granulation or hot-melt extrusion, oral dosage formulation, and data analysis.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences and other relevant disciplines. BS degree required
- Basic understanding of material physiochemical properties, polymer science, oral dosage formulation, and data analysis
- Proficient with a variety of instrumentation platforms and software applications such MATLAB, OriginPro, and Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with data mining/machine learning will be a plus
- Knowledge in characterization techniques for particle size, powder flow, compact mechanical strength and other physical properties
- Knowledge in melt-granulation or hot-melt extrusion
- Knowledge in oral dosage formulation
- Knowledge in MATLAB, OriginPro. Data mining will be a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.