Formulation Development Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Formulation Development Scientist with a global pharmaceutical company located in Richmond, VA. As the Formulation Development Scientist, you will supports new product development by developing formulations and/or providing analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the development process, considering scientific and timing objectives.
- Manages or contributes to one or more projects in support of Brand Innovation strategy.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology. Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Identify, challenge, develop and implement written procedures (e.g. quality and safety) methods & batch documents, etc.
- Works with Outsourcing Leader and/or Senior Development Scientists and contractors facilitate completion of outsourced support activity
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
- Trains self and others in new technology and laboratory responsibilities (including coaching, mentoring and elements of personal development).
- Maintains precise experimental records; issues report at project milestones; writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries.
- Participates in general problem solving or lead problem solving initiatives
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- At least 5 years of formulation and/or product development experience with a bachelor's degree or at least 2 years of experience with a master's degree
- 2 years of topical experience (i.e. gels, creams, ointments, etc.)
- MS or PhD degree in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- Ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects.
- Knowledge of R&D development processes and associated commercial environment.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organize and report study data from internal and external sources.
- Basic understanding of statistics and its application to experimental work.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.