External Innovation Lead
ProClinical is happy to advertise that an internationally known biotechnology company has an opening for an External Innovation Lead job at their Shanghai office. The company has a strong reputation for developing innovative therapies for neurological diseases and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
The External Innovation Lead will create a competitive advantage for the company by establishing it as the research and development partner of choice. The Lead will interact with venture groups, biotechnology leaders and academic researchers to identify, draw, and influence the direction of external research opportunities in support of the company portfolio. They will also be a core member of the External Portfolio Innovation Unit (EPIU) and will represent the Unit in internal governance and scientific communities.
- Establishing links with key academic hubs of innovation in life sciences to identify emerging opportunities for research collaborations, whilst providing connectivity between company research lines and the regional scientific ecosystem.
- Partnering with academic innovators and internal R&D leaders to establish high performing research collaborations in support of the company portfolio and disease area strategies.
- Identifying opportunities to partner with pre-competitive consortia in support of company portfolio objectives.
- Partnering with research foundations, venture groups, and academic institutions to explore and implement novel business paradigms to accelerate the translation of new science into assets and capabilities (e.g. seed, equity etc.).
- Establishing a rich network of interactions with venture capital groups to gain insights on emerging and established biotechnology companies.
- Partnering with emerging and established biotechnology companies to influence the research direction in support of the company portfolio objectives.
- Interacting with biotechnology companies and venture groups to identify in-licensing opportunities to support the company portfolio.
- Partnering with company business development and R&D leaders to ensure excellence in diligence for in-licensing opportunities.
Skills and Requirements:
- An MD/PhD or equivalent in a Scientific Discipline such as neurobiology, neuroscience, molecular biology, biochemistry/biophysics, neurology, chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and dynamics (DMPK), etc.
- Competency in leadership skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivery on successful drug discovery programs and development of scientific strategy required for execution.
- Experience with drug-discovery/development project leadership.
- Track record of working effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively facilitate interactions with scientific partners and collaboration management to ensure delivery of collaboration objectives.
- Documented ability to understand, drive, and demand scientific rigor.
- Exceptional operational thinking coupled with strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating the environment of a highly matrix ecosystem.
- A detailed knowledge of the pharmaceutical research and development process.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Tan on +86 21 51694101or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is partnering with a leading global pharmaceutical company
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Evaluation Manager
Here is an exciting pharmaceutical job one of the industry's most prestigious organisations. There is a vacancy for a Clinical Data Reviewer