Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Epidemiologist with a pharmaceutical company located in Chicago, IL.
- Accountable for developing plan for Epidemiology deliverables (e.g. systematic literature reviews, database studies, analysis within primary observational studies / disease registries) within assigned therapeutic area to support company objectives.
- Accountable for executing deliverables in accordance with the plan, either personally or through oversight of other Epidemiologists, or vendors/contractors.
- Accountable for providing epidemiology support to Clinical Development, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs, Business Development, and Commercial activities across the product life cycle within assigned therapeutic area. Lead sub-team meetings as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring epidemiology perspective into company materials e.g. study protocols, case report forms (CRFs), and regulatory documents within assigned therapeutic area.
- Interact with authors, referees, and in-house reviewers on scientific manuscripts, clinical conference abstracts, presentations, and posters based on observational study data within assigned therapeutic area.
- Represent Epidemiology department during interactions with key external stakeholders including Scientific Advisory Boards and regulatory authorities.
- Critical appraisal and synthesis of relevant epidemiological literature.
- Maintain awareness of epidemiology with respect to regulatory requirements, payer trends, and advancement of pharmacoepidemiology methods.
- Represent Epidemiology Department and participate in corporate cross-functional business / process improvement initiatives
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD / DSc / DrPH in Epidemiology with 4 years post-graduation experience, or MPH/MSc in Epidemiology with 8 years post-graduation experience
- Knowledge of drug and clinical development process
- Excellent attention to detail and quality, and scientific rigor
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Thorough and up-to-date technical knowledge of epidemiology and relevant biostatistics methods
- Experience and familiarity using SAS or other statistical software packages
- Evidence of productivity in epidemiological research as demonstrated by successful design, execution, and publication of epidemiological research, including through extensive collaboration with external investigators
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Brianna Copeland at 267-297-3280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.