Drug Discovery Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Drug Discovery Specialist for a leading biopharmaceutical company located in Shanghai.
- Advance the Immunology/Immuno-oncology research therapeutic strategy by identifying new targets and advancing projects in the current pipeline
- Act as biology leader within cross-functional project teams to evaluate, prioritize and set tactics to positively influence project direction and timelines.
- Drive quality and speed to meet department and company goals.
- Act as a high functioning drug discoverer and influential scientist within the company.
- Build, manage, lead and motivate a team of internal biologists, act as a resource and mentor to team members.
- Build strong working relationships with fellow company colleagues, key external advisors and collaborators.
- Communicate project updates and make strategic recommendations to the company senior leaders.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in immunology/oncology/cell biology or related disciplines
- Candidate must have a track record of successful contributions to, and leadership of, innovative drug discovery projects.
- The person will have 3+ years of drug discovery experience and possess a PhD in a relevant biological science.
- A strong background in immunology/inflammation is preferred. He or She will have significant experience supervising other scientists.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in a biopharmaceutical setting with extensive experience leading drug discovery project teams from lead optimization to IND-enabling studies
- Recognized as a leader in the field with a strong publication record in the areas of immunology & inflammation
- Experience leading and managing biology teams in a matrix organization
- Experience of hiring, managing and developing direct reports.
- Experience leading programs at all stages of drug discovery from lead generation to candidate nomination.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/ initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze complex multi-dimensional data, generate conclusions and recommend next steps.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and drive towards scientific goals in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Able to help shape inter-disciplinary strategies and initiatives
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Proclinical at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.