Director of Publications Planning
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director of Publications Planning for a leading biotechnology company located in New York, NY. Successful candidate will lead and provide direction to the Publication Leads who are responsible for the strategic and tactical publication projects in alignment with the medical strategies in PBC and NASH.
- Provide strong departmental leadership as a member of the senior member of the Scientific Communications team. Lead, empower, motivate, mentor, and act as a role model to the Publication Team.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder centricity, ability to influence with or without authority, and executing change management, translating high-level business needs and objectives into actionable plans.
- Optimize partnerships to ensure all congress planning activities reflect medical strategies. Ensure broad cross-functional alignment, execute an all-inclusive annual publication planning meeting to address and revisit unmet needs, gaps, SWOT, assessment of the scientific/competitive landscape.
- Establish efficient and user-friendly processes to removing unnecessary silos and bottle necks.
- Develop publication key performance indicators (KPIs), generate analytic reports related to publication projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert and demonstrate deep understanding of various disease areas, medical strategies and objectives required to provide input and guidance on matters related to publication planning and data disclosure.
- Demonstrate disease state expertise and knowledge of current medical and/or regulatory issues related to company products, provide scientific/clinical direction.
- Foster collaborative relationships with academic and clinical experts, publishers, medical associations and other relevant external and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the overall publication budget and resource utilization, monthly reporting, forecasts and budget plans. Collaborate with Procurement for periodical vendor business reviews and RFP assessments.
- Support publication standardization to ensure consistent and compliant practices across cross-functional teams involved in publication activities (e.g. Affiliates, Market Access, etc.) and as per company process.
- Partner with Ex. Dir. SciCom and Compliance/Legal to design, conduct internal quality inspections, monitor, and develop audit readiness procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- 8 years publication experience within Medical Communications Agency or Pharma
- People management experience.
- Scientific or graduate level degree (PhD, PharmD, DO, MSc, NP, PA, etc.).
- 8+ years' industry experience (preferably in Scientific Communications or Publication Agency).
- Member of a professional society (ISMPP, TIPPA, MAPS), being CMPP certified is a plus.
- Global, pre and post-product launch experience.
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects with tight deadlines and operate in a highly compliance-driven environment.
- Expertise with relevant publication-related recommendations and guidelines (e.g. ICMJE, GPP3, HIPAA, GRDP, Sunshine Act, etc.).
- Ability to interpret and synthesize complex clinical/scientific findings, statistical reports, translate findings and adapt messages for diverse audiences.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels within the company.
- Flexibility of approach and a positive attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and hands-on experience with various management systems (e.g. Datavision, SharePoint, Veeva, etc.).
- A global mindset and foreign languages are considered strong assets.
- Travel may be required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4385 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.