Clinical Contracts Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Clinical Contracts Associate II position located in Foster City, CA. Successful candidates will have experience working with contracts, vendors, and financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and/or expenses.
- Responsible for clinical administrative operations activities involving clinical finance support and/or assistance with contract negotiations. May focus on either contracts, or finance or both areas based on business need. Coordinates and ensures that monthly payment processes are completed accurately and on time. Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with only general instructions from more senior individuals in department. May be responsible for tracking the progress of study-start-up activities as it relates to contracts and budgets.
- Assists other Development Business Operations Vendor Outsourcing staff in resolving moderately complex issues relating to contract negotiation or management as related to the clinical trial vendor contracts and with the support of internal customers and the Legal department, assists in the contract negotiation process, especially with less complex, or low value contracts. Has excellent communication skills and is comfortable interacting with internal and external teams, such as, clinical operations, finance, legal, business conduct, vendor management and payments. Completes tasks and projects under minimal supervision and has the ability to manage competing priorities effectively and proficiently.
- Completes responsibilities in a timely, organized way.
- Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions.
- Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with only general instructions from more senior individuals in department.
- Assists clinical teams in resolving financial issues as they relate to vendor contracts.
- Supports Quarterly Variance Analysis process for vendor contracts.
- Works closely with internal and vendor clinical teams to ensure rapid start-up of study sites.
- Assists clinical teams in evaluating the progress of vendor contracts as the clinical program progresses.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Performs routine work without detailed instructions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of complex budgeting & forecasting database tools.
- Interacts well with clinical teams, legal, and corporate finance.
- Performs routine work under moderate supervision and complex tasks under general supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
- Typically requires a BA/BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in Business or Science, and 2+ years of relevant experience in the clinical trials field, either at a site, CRO, pharmaceutical or other clinical trials or healthcare-related organization.
- MBA/MS degree can be substituted for 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required (should be skilled in use of word, power point, and excel).
- Experience working with clinical vendors preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical trials budgets and processes and/or experience managing clinical trials preferred.
- Strong relationship skills. Able to gain a trusted contracts SME status with business partners.
- Must possess in-depth negotiating, influencing and consulting skills, with in-depth knowledge and understanding of clinical trial contracts preferred.
- Proficiency with contract development and execution, working with legal and understanding key terms and conditions.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An internationally leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit an Assistant, Haematology & Oncology to their office in Switzerland.
A leading global contract research organisation is seeking to recruit a Receptionist to their German team.