Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biologist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. This position is in the Purification Group of BioProcess Development Department at the Bioresearch Center. The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development.
- The candidate can develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies; can perform basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks.
- The individual can perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- As appropriate, the candidate may supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry or biology with typically 1-3 years of work experience with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.