Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biologist II with a biopharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development.
- Develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies; can perform basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks.
- Perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- Possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- Supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry or biology with typically 2-5+ years of work experience with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques.
- Basic biological scientific understanding.
- Routine lab technics like calculating and making chemical solutions and pipetting.
- Written and oral for effective communication.
- Understanding of characterization (UV, SDS-PAGE, HPLC analytical), chromatography, filtration and separation technics.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Amanda Rivera at (+1) 267-435-8555 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.