Associate Scientist, TEM/Virology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist of TEM and Virology for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform electron microscopy testing under close supervision of Senior Scientist.
- Demonstrate scientific technical expertise and proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of laboratory procedures as it relates virology and electron microscopy.
- Aid in the preparation, fixation, ultramicrotome.
- Operate an electron microscope to inspect sample material under strict guidance.
- Effectively communicate and defend science through written and verbal communication.
- Provide training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting
- Conduct and direct assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cgmp, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and sops
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cgmp, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and sops
- Prepares protocols, final reports, investigations, and deviations as needed, with minimal supervision.
- Conduct critical review of results and reports data appropriately.
- Independently initiate and carry out scientific development projects relating to the development of new assays.
- Train new personnel in laboratory procedures.
- Effectively interact with clients as required.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook for Research & Development activities as required; review and sign laboratory notebooks.
- Follow all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Communicate with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent for Masters', or a PhD with a strong Virology background.
- Strong virology/ virus identification background preferred.
- Electron microscopy (SEM or TEM) background a plus but not required. Will be taught.
- Previous electron microscopy sample preparation a plus but not required.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills.
- Shows strong willingness to learn new procedures (particularly electron microscopy) and follow direction.
- Strong Technical and Scientific knowledge of Virology based assays.
- Ability to use proficiently advanced laboratory equipment, such as, but not limited to; Electron microscope (TEM), Ultra microtome, Tissue processors, automated cell counters, etc.
- Shows excellent time management skills.
- Shows excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more difficult nature.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards and volatile Chemicals.
- Must be able to work under magnification for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform light physical work, lift up to 20 pounds as needed.
- Clarity of vision at all ranges, depth perception, and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions.
- Inside working conditions.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.