Associate Scientist - Molecular Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist of Molecular Biology with a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will execute in vitro experiments and collect data in support of drug discovery programs for neurodevelopmental disorders and genetic epilepsy, including but not limited to, RNA extraction, RT-qPCR, NGN2 iPSC cell culture, western blots, immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy.
- Execute in vitro experiments.
- Collect data in support of drug discovery programs for neurodevelopmental disorders and genetic epilepsy, including but not limited to, RNA extraction, RT-qpcr, NGN2 ipsc cell culture, western blots, immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations at team and project meetings.
- Research of pertinent literature to inform on methodologies and biology.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent technical skills and attention to detail.
- Expertise in molecular and cell biology and biochemical techniques: qRT-PCR, RNA extraction and quantitation, cell culture and aseptic techniques, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy, protein extraction, and Western Blot.
- In vivo expertise preferred including animal handling techniques, basic and advanced dosing techniques, surgical skills, tissue collection and processing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, commitment towards achievement of set goals, and capacity to maintain detailed written records of research.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills of technical work.
- Skilled experimentation: independent experimental design, execution, and analysis.
- Collaborative team member within the Genetic and Neurodevelopment unit and across functions in executing on priorities.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zachary Hines at (+1) 215-531-6914 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.