Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Conduct multicolor flow cytometry experiments to enable routine and non-routine analysis of cellular products
- Perform flow cytometry based analytical method development and qualification to enable product characterization of autologous T cell therapies
- Conduct experiments by rigorously implementing approved protocols and following good documentation practices
- Execute and document cell culture and passaging and banking activities as required
- Plan and execute assigned experiments that support routine development activities
and project goals
- Systematically record data and analyze the results of laboratory operations to ensure compliance to appropriate test methods, specifications, and protocols
- Participate in analytical method transfer activities to clinical and commercial QC
- Participate in meetings, present data, provide expertise in areas of responsibility and analyze and prepare data for sharing
- Operate and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation that is used routinely in execution of assays
- Support testing as needed to enable process development, innovation and investigations
- Ensure that departmental work areas are maintained per 5S guidelines
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 8+ years of industry experience, or advanced degree (MS) in relevant discipline with 6+ years of industry experience or Master's with 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry technology and associated instrumentation
- Knowledge and experience in flow cytometry data analysis using FACSDiva, FlowJo and other relevant softwares
- Experience in cell sorting is a plus
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture including primary T cells
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, data analysis software (e.g. Prism, JMP) and other applications
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Experience and aptitude in working in a multidisciplinary laboratory environment with moderate supervision
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.