Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Conduct routine, low, medium and high-volume in vitro drug metabolism screening assays leveraging the use of laboratory automation. Lower throughput assays will also be executed. The scientist will partner with senior staff to understand the rationale behind the protocols, running the assays, and data analysis.
- Assays may include microsomal stability, protein binding, permeability, CYP inhibition, and CYP induction assays. Candidate should be able to generate precise, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner and should demonstrate strong data interpretation skills and be able to note significant deviations and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Independently perform routine drug metabolism assays and generate high quality data, noting significant deviations to be elevated to senior staff.
- Operate laboratory liquid handling automation platforms and effectively troubleshoot when issues arise.
- Collaborate with department team members including Bioanalytical counterparts to ensure seamless and timely execution of in vitro drug metabolism studies.
- Learn drug metabolism assays including but not limited to microsomal and hepatocyte stability, CYP Inhibition, PAMPA, and protein binding
Skills and Requirements:
- S or M.S in Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and 1+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Samantha Reader at 267-536-3075.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.