Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist for a national biotechnology company located in Foster City, CA.
- Support discovery and development of therapeutic agents to treat chronic kidney disease (CKD), diabetic kidney disease (DKD) and other chronic fibrotic and inflammatory diseases.
- Support research projects by characterizing preclinical compounds, assessing mechanism of action, and participating in biomarker identification.
- Independently plan, perform and manage complex experiments including cell-based assays, immunoassay, biochemical assays etc.
- Show effective interaction with research staff and external partners at all levels and serves as technical resource for kidney related experiment methods and techniques.
- Assess therapeutic potential and mechanism of action of new compounds by planning, executing, and analyzing tissues and biofluids from preclinical models.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- BS with 4-7 years' relevant experience or MS with 2-5 years' relevant experience, preferably in industry.
- Technical skills should include extensive experience with human and rodent cell culture, cell-based assays, in vitro kidney systems, Western blot, and immunoassays such as ELISA, MSD, and/or Luminex.
- Experience with gene expression analysis and/or bioinformatics is a plus.
- Proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and strong organizational and planning skills.
- Must be able to manage more than one project at any given time, and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Brendan Thalheimer at (+1) 215-531-5299 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
An international pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit an Oncology Expert to their French office.