Associate Director of Comparative Medicine
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Comparative Medicine for a global biopharmaceutical company. Our client is seeking a senior level investigator with lab animal medicine/research background and extensive knowledge of drug discovery and development to lead their Comparative Medicine team in Shanghai.
We are seeking individuals with international experience and/or qulifications who we will assist to relocated to Shanghai.
Prospective candidates should have a passion for learning, strong technical, communication, and organizational skills as well as a sense of creativity. The Head of Comparative Medicine will be required to plan and oversee conduct of in-vivo studies to advance our lead research and development programs.
- Oversight and management of activities of animal study staff including contractors.
- Provision of support and assistance to investigators in protocol and animal model development, advising them in experimental design.
- Direction of the corporate training program for all staff and contractors involved with animal research.
- Coordination of activities across CM group and other functions and partnership with pharmacology leads.
- Serve as the attendee on the Vivarium IACUC and leadership of internal compliance assessments.
- Contributing to pharmacology departmental strategy and execution.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD with lab animal medicine/research background
- Experience in animal studies routinely used in pharmaceutical research
- Experience managing animal study teams composed of veterinary technicians and scientists
- Thorough familiarity with laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies dealing with the humane care and use of animals in research
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent organizational skills and documentation skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Proclinical at email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.