Animal Care Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Care Technician with a biopharmaceutical company located in Waukegan, IL.
- Maintains the vivarium and support areas through proper execution of assigned tasks.
- Directly performs the daily activities involved with cleaning and spraying cages, disinfecting and sanitizing equipment, and stocking supplies.
- Follows department procedures, to include but not be limited to: cage cleaning, room sanitation, equipment preparation and moving, and cage changes.
- Maintains daily husbandry tasks through proper execution of training materials and assigned tasks.
- Directly performs animal handling, carrying and holding animal cages and animals, using and moving carts, hoses or any other lab equipment and supplies.
- Follows department procedures to provide comprehensive observation and handling of various research animals.
- Assists with the receiving and housing of research animals; including preparing for the housing activity.
- Documents tasks in both written and electronic platforms in accordance with regulatory expectations.
- Documentation style must be neat, organized, and consistent with departmental standards.
- Maintains area of responsibility by practicing good observation skills and attention to detail.
- Physical dexterity, visual and auditory acuity, and sensitivity to changes in environmental conditions are utilized in daily task performance.
- Uses experience and training to make minor decisions to execute daily responsibilities to support animal care operations.
- Applies basic computer skills to maintain regulatory compliance and training to include but not limited to, email, calendar, and computer-based training modules.
- Assures duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner not to impact pipeline activities and/or integrity of regulatory expectations.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma Required
- 2-5 years of experience
- Problem-solving ability consisting of taking initiative to handle basic issues autonomously and working with team members for more complex issues to support animal care operations.
- Ability to consistently perform functions consistent with company leadership behaviors and attributes.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds, consistently stand and walk for extended periods of time, to include walking and adhering to safety rules and expectations including but not limited to: grasping, squeezing, pushing, pulling, squatting, stooping, and bending.
- Willing and able to work a rotating schedule which includes some level of mandatory weekend coverage and holiday coverage.
- Ability to work in compliance with all local, federal, and USDA regulations.
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain efficiency in the workplace and effective in a team environment.
- Attention to detail to provide good animal welfare.
- Certification through AALAS is preferred.
- Previous animal care experience preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.