Animal Care Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Care Technician with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Perform daily health observations and effectively record and communicate abnormalities to the scientists.
- Perform husbandry duties for rats and mice
- Perform daily census, handle related documentation, and follow reporting procedures.
- Perform animal receipt and housing of animals.
- Utilize internal databases to perform the receipt of animals and processing of supplies.
- Perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
- Perform cagewash and preparation activities to include usage of equipment and maintenance of adequate inventories as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent (1+ years' experience), Associate's or Bachelor's degree in animal science or related discipline preferred (0+ years' experience).
Minimum of ALAT certification required (or must be obtained within first 12 months of employment).
- Minimum of 1-year related experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly lift/push, or pull up to 50 pounds
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.