Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Redwood City, CA.
- Perform capillary electrophoresis, HPLC and/or mass spectrometry testing and other protein characterization techniques to support development of therapeutic antibodies, antibody variants, and ADCs.
- Contribute to the development of CE, icIEF, HPLC, and/or MS methods to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and their associated variants and impurities. Troubleshoot HPLC, CE, MS instrumentation and method issues.
- Transfer developed methods to other functions internally or third party CMOs
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with 6+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Must possess a solid understanding of protein chemistry and biochemistry, particularly as it relates to biotherapeutic protein drug development.
- Experience with intact reduced MS and peptide mapping is highly preferred.
- Experience with Empower, Protein Metrics and Biopharma software is preferred.
- Experience developing and performing capillary electrophoresis, HPLC protein characterization assays (e.g. SEC, IEX, RP, HIC) is preferred.
- Experience with Waters and Vanquish HPLCs is preferred.
- Experience with method qualification/validation of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is preferred.
- Ability to learn new techniques, follow instructions, attention to detail.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be meticulous in notebook documentation and keep good record of experiments.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and managing multiple concurrent assignments.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.