Administrator and Receptionist- Legal
A leading technology commercialisation company is currently recruiting an Administrator and Receptionist - Legal. This organisation is known for identifying and protecting promising new technologies and innovations, along with commercialising medical technologies and providing technology transfer services. Based in London, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a prestigious and dynamic organisation.
The Administrator and Receptionist will deliver a friendly and professional welcome to all visitors, providing refreshments, maintaining meeting rooms, and managing meeting room bookings. They will also assist the Personal Assistant and Office/Facilities Manager (PA/OM) in the smooth running of the business from an organisational perspective, including administrative duties for other departments in the business. The post holder will report to the PA/OM.
The estates management will include the administration of estates maintenance. There will be particular emphasis on health and safety, general maintenance, and repair.
- To offer a warm welcome to visitors and to ensure guests are cared for in a professional manner.
- To ensure items and publications on display in reception are up to date and the area is kept in an excellent condition at all times.
- To ensure that all meeting rooms are maintained and are kept clean and tidy in readiness for meetings.
- To be a first point of contact for all telephone calls into the business, answering queries, directing calls and taking messages where appropriate.
- To monitor the general email inbox and ensure all email enquiries are responded to or directed to the relevant member of staff promptly.
- To arrange internal, domestic and international meetings including room bookings, refreshments, lunches, conference facilities, venues, technical equipment, collating and distributing meeting materials.
- To be a first point of contact for all staff enquiries.
- To manage the timely distribution of post within the business.
- To process email notifications to staff within the business either direct (e.g. cleaning notifications) or forwarded from individuals, at the request of the PA/OM.
- To ensure the kitchen is adequately stocked with beverages, to include overall responsibility of the dishwasher cycle and maintaining tidiness of kitchen.
- To arrange couriers, taxis, set up conference calls.
- To arrange for engineers to visit and maintain office equipment under guidance of the PA/OM.
- To assist with the distribution of petty cash in accordance with company procedure.
- To provide diary and administrative support to directors within the business as required.
- To provide general administrative support to the PA/OM and other departments within the business.
- To undertake minute taking for occasional meetings as required by the directors and PA/OM.
- To organise international and domestic travel including flights, train travel, hotel reservations, itineraries, maps and visas where required.
- Running occasional errands off site, for example the hand delivery of documents, purchase of goods with petty cash, posting urgent items at the Post Office etc.
- To assist in managing the stationery requirements and kitchen supplies, ensuring stocks are adequately maintained and to ensure maximum recycling wherever possible.
- To cover and assist with emergency situations in the absence of the Receptionist and Estates Administrator and PA/OM whose area of main responsibility is the estates management and Health and Safety of the business.
- To assist the PA/OM with the organisation of Christmas festivities and other office events (away days, staff social events etc.) and to occasionally assist with other company functions.
- To assist the Marketing Manager with some company functions under the guidance of the PA/OM.
- Support data management by working with the PA/OM and Business and Legal Affairs Section, to enter new data and help ensure good data integrity on the systems held.
- Administration of patent formalities correspondence under the guidance of the IP Manager.
- Work expeditiously and with professionalism to ensure the business is organised efficiently.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive personnel, financial and commercial information.
- Adhere to company policies including organisational standards, financial regulations and equal opportunities.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health & safety regulations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar or related capacity.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kellie-Marie Saul at +44 203 823 4366 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.