3D Printing Engineer
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a 3D Printing Engineer with a leading workforce management solutions company. This internationally renowned organisation is seeking for an applicant to join their team in Massachusetts. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that specialises in multiple scientific and engineering sectors.
- Overseeing the process ownership of for the company's Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment.
- 3D printing out prototypes, concept developments, fixturing, and tooling in plastics and metals.
- Processing STL files, running the machines, post-processing parts, and delivering parts to customers.
- Performing basic maintenance of equipment, troubleshooting equipment, ordering materials, and processing router for post-process machining as required.
- Overseeing the additive manufactured prototype builds and developing robust processes to reduce delivery time to our customers.
- Establishing proper process controls, routine testing, and systems for our AM equipment, including preventative maintenance schedules and calibration, as well as performing scrap reviews and trending reports.
- Coordinating effective in-process materials utilization and supporting programs to improve material procurement, storage, and usage.
- Optimising and qualifying our additive manufacturing processes and materials to be able to be utilized in production.
- Assisting cross-functional new product introduction teams as well as base business teams on completing concept feasibility work and then qualifying instrumentation to be fabricated using AM.
- Brainstorming AM instrument and tooling design concepts with 3DPrimting COE members, GDC Manufacturing Engineers, R&D, and Front-End concept teams as well as other colleagues across the company on their AM needs, as applicable.
- Providing quotes for R&D (cost and lead time) on prototype builds as well as providing design for manufacturability and instrument cost feedback to new product development (NPD) teams as needed.
- Overseeing AM process for products produced in the AM center as well as supporting process/products transfers to other facilities as required.
- Helping management identify the technical resources and capabilities required to effectively support the Raynham AM Center.
- Representing AM on the monthly company quality system and environmental, health, and safety (EHS) management reviews.
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures regarding all quality, environmental, health, and safety (EHS), and actively participating in quality and EHS audits of the AM center.
- Leading continuous improvement projects within the AM center, including initiatives related to quality, equipment installations, EHS, 5S, Lean, and other shop floor control.
- Enhancing as well as scraping initiatives to achieve departmental goals.
- Researching current and emerging AM technologies, and working with 3D Printing Center of Excellence team and Synthes team, as well as external partners on completing feasibility studies.
- Investigating, assessing, and evaluating new equipment to streamline file processing, build quality, and reduce post-processing time. Assisting with capital appropriations, justification, and installation qualifications of new equipment.
- Educating and training others on design considerations and optimization for additive manufacturing.
- Identifying and implementing methods to effectively streamline and optimize our AM processes utilizing six sigma and lean methodologies, where applicable and once formally trained.
- Performing project planning, developing timelines and identifying key milestones to meet customer requirements.
- Actively participating in AM technology discussions and strategic roadmaps, including developing and leveraging best practices for AM.
Skills and Requirements:
- A BS Engineering degree required in Mechanical, Biomedical, Material Science, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering. An advanced degree, such as MS Engineering, is a plus.
- At least six months previous work experience in additive manufacturing is required.
- Ideally one to three years of experience in industry.
- Experience with Materialise software (Mimics/Magics) and developing and manipulating CAD models is desirable.
- Experience with at least one CAD software program.
- A basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) is a bonus.
- A thorough knowledge of GMPs, ISO 13485 Design Control, and manufacturing process qualification requirements as related to medical devices is preferred.
- Capable of working independently, analysing, working with attention to detail, process and prioritise sensitive complex information, and solve problems.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Maya Smith at + 267-405-6995 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Highly Competitive Salary
ProClinical, in support of a digital health company, are seeking an individual to fill the role of Senior iOS Developer, based in Berkeley, CA.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Design Quality Engineer - Normal