ProClinical Limited (company number 574 2788) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, client and visitors of our website. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any our offices is only used for the purposes set out within this policy.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
ProClinical Limited is registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully.
What information will we collect? How will we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV or cover letter). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
- To compare your data against vacancies which we deem suitable for you
- To send your information to client(s) to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- We use third party providers to provide a recruiting CRM. We share your personal data with other third-party service providers that assist us in our processes, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices. Our third-party suppliers include, but are not limited to, Bullhorn, Cube 19, Daxtra, Hubspot, RSM In Time, Keybridge Solutions and CloudCall.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered between you and us.
- From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
- We may also pass your information to, or allow access to such information to the ProClinical global group of companies, in order that they may access your personal information in the same way as we process, use and disclose your information as described above.
- We may collect information about the use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
Account and CV information
When you create a ProClinical account, or apply for a vacancy online, we store some information about you in your account area but it is protected by your password and can only be accessed by you.
If you choose to upload a CV to our database, we rely on you to ensure that your details are kept up to date. You should update your CV at least every 6 months, particularly if your contact details have changed.
Can information be amended, modified or be deleted?
You may request that we confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We will require you to verify your identity and may ask for more information about your request. Where we are legally or contractually permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will information be held for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as it is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate business interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of all changes to your Personal Data to assist with this and we will delete and update your Personal Data accordingly.
Data security is of great importance to ProClinical Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this website.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If password access is required for certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer's hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Social media features
We may collect demographic information, such as your postcode, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites using log files. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us, including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by ProClinical to maintain quality of service to individuals and provide general statistics regarding use of the website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to personal information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
Telephone recording and monitoring
Telephone calls may be recorded by ProClinical for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes. External calls made by employees may also be recorded by ProClinical. These recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
The Privacy and Electronic
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Human Rights Act 1998
Under normal circumstances a call will not be retrieved or monitored unless:
- It is necessary to investigate a complaint
- It is part of a management 'spot check' that customer service standards are being met
- There is a threat to the health and safety of staff or visitors or for the prevention or detection of crime
- It is necessary to check compliance with regulatory procedures
Transfers Outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
Reviewed March 2018