At ProClinical, we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. Additionally, we understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your CV and other information stored about you while using the site.
ProClinical Ltd (our UK entity) make every effort to comply with our obligations under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU Data Protection Directive and the EU ePrivacy Directive.
All our documents are stored in a confidential database in the United Kingdom. Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. CVs of candidates to be submitted for a specific vacancy are processed through our UK headquarters. Personal data will not be forwarded to identified and agreed third parties without your permission.
ProClinical Pte Ltd (our Singapore entity) complies with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore in the manner in which we handle your personal data.
Information collection and use
ProClinical will use your data to communicate employment opportunities to you, to market our employment agency services, and to keep you updated of ongoing recruitment processes.
Through our data protection policies, ProClinical ensures that your data will be stored securely and kept in confidence. ProClinical is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others.
Information is collected from users at several different points on our website. In running and maintaining this website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about the use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or apply for a job.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Account and CV information
When you create a ProClinical account, or apply for a vacancy online, we store some information about you in your account area but it is protected by your password and can only be accessed by you.
If you choose to upload a CV to our database, we rely on you to ensure that your details are kept up to date. You should update your CV at least every 6 months, particularly if your contact details have changed.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer's hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Social media features
We may collect demographic information, such as your postcode, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites using log files. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us, including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by ProClinical to maintain quality of service to individuals and provide general statistics regarding use of the website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to personal information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We do everything in our power to protect user information online and offline. All our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (eg. billing or customer services) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send to us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk. We do not ask for sensitive information such as credit card numbers online.
Supplementation of information
ProClinical does not share any information we receive from this website with any third-party sources.
Site and service updates
We may send the user site and service announcement updates. Customers are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
Telephone recording and monitoring
Telephone calls may be recorded by ProClinical for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes. External calls made by employees may also be recorded by ProClinical. These recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Human Rights Act 1998
Under normal circumstances a call will not be retrieved or monitored unless:
- It is necessary to investigate a complaint
- It is part of a management 'spot check' that customer service standards are being met
- There is a threat to the health and safety of staff or visitors or for the prevention or detection of crime
- It is necessary to check compliance with regulatory procedures
- It will aid standards in call handling through use in training and coaching our staff
Personal data collected in the course of recording activities will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. It will be:
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes
- Accessible only to managerial staff
- Treated confidentially
Notification of changes
If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
To exercise any of these rights, or if you have any questions about the security at our website, please contact us by email: email@example.com; or by mail: ProClinical Ltd. Eldon House, 2-3 Eldon Street, London EC2A 7LS, United Kingdom. We will promptly change, correct, or delete your information as requested.
ProClinical Pte. Ltd's Data Protection Officer is Martin Grindrod, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.