VP of Business Development
A UK based Pharma is looking to hire a Vice President of Business Development to lead the global commercial activities of its business. In this role you will work directly with the CEO and senior team to build the profile and network of commercial partners.
- Accountable for global clinical and pharma revenue delivery and growth from the platform
- Refine and develop the commercial strategy and optimum route to value creation
- Key member of the senior management team.
- Develop and deliver a high value portfolio of clinical and pharma programs through partnering
- Generate new business opportunities and close high value strategic partnership deals
- Drive all commercial activities to deliver high value strategic pharma/biotech partnerships and relationships. Support awareness and profile building
- Support CEO with fundraising activities
- Work with marketing team to maintain/refresh web site; comms plans; annual BD plan; drafting press releases
- Lead and develop the vision, strategy and implementation plans, driving a fully aligned, result-oriented, highly effective field sales and marketing team.
- Market research and insights for brand positioning and message development
- Strategic forecast model development and insights to realize market potential
Skills and Requirements
- 10 - 15 years experience in commercial strategy and business development in the biotech/biopharma industry. Significant experience engaging the drug discovery part of the biopharma value chain would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in the biological sciences or related field such as bioinformatics. A business-related Masters degree or a life sciences PhD would be an added advantage.
- Track record of leading the closing of major (US$ 6-figure or beyond) commercial deals and substantial experience in managing major accounts with large pharma multinationals. Extensive background in complex commercial negotiations
- Familiarity with the mindset and internal workings of small and medium-sized biotech organisations would be a strong advantage. Comfortable working in an early-stage business with a rapidly-evolving product feature set and service offering, including managing the consequent customer expectations and pricing upgrades.
- An international mindset with experience of working with customers across continental Europe and North America at a minimum, with Asia an added bonus. Significant business travel may be required (post Covid).
- Self starter and comfortable working independently
- Has or can quickly establish external networks and profile in the relevant sector
- Clear and concise communicator. Able to understand complex technology and to distil in to key elements to communicate effectively with customers or other stakeholders
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.