Staff Scientist, Immunopharmacology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for Staff Scientist, Immunopharmacology with a pharmaceutical company located in Wilmington, DE. The successful candidate will be responsible for the hands-on execution of in vivo and in vitro immunopharmacology (non-oncology) studies to test new agents for treatment inflammatory diseases. This individual will work as part of a rapidly growing non-oncology team focusing on new target validation and more established discovery pipeline projects. A successful candidate will be able to utilize the appropriate preclinical models to provide immunological insight into novel therapeutic strategies.
- Execute in vitro and in vivo experiments to achieve defined objectives.
- Develop and/or optimize new laboratory techniques with general supervision.
- Organize own work and prioritize assignments.
- Demonstrate scientific and technical knowledge relevant to project goals.
- Collaborate with other members of the group to achieve key goals.
- Interpret results, troubleshoots and solves technical issues.
- Draw conclusions from experiments and begin to apply theoretical knowledge to ask pertinent questions.
- Ability to effectively present research at internal / external meetings.
- Perform lab support activities such asordering supplies and lab equipment maintenance.
- May assist with technical supervision/training of new hires.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS degree (or equivalent) in Biology/Pharmacology
- 2-4 years' experience with cell biology, molecular biology and/or immunology biology techniques
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnological industry experience preferred.
- Must have good understanding of basic scientific principles and research practices in the field of immunology/autoimmune diseases.
- Hands-on experience in handling rodents, animal dosing via various routes (IV, PO, IP) and tissue collection.
- Experience in a variety of experimental techniques/technologies such as cell culture, ELISA, and, western blots.
- Prior research experience in assay development/optimization desired.
- The candidate should be proficient in data collection and documentation of study results in the form of lab notebook reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.