(Senior) Scientist, Machine Learning
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Machine Learning with a leading immuno-oncology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Machine Learning Senior Scientist, you will develop novel deep learning algorithms based on proprietary and public biological datasets to drive clinical and discovery research.
- Develop deep learning predictive algorithms for problems such as protein-protein binding/docking and three-dimensional structural inference using large proprietary and public datasets to support our novel immunotherapies.
- Benchmark performance against internal and external ML algorithms/approaches from leading competing groups.
- Integrate novel algorithms into software that is used for therapeutic design and other clinical applications.
- Collaborate with diverse lab groups to provide guidance on experimental design and data interpretation from the computational perspective.
- Develop and contribute to external collaborations and partnerships.
- Liaise with lab scientists and software engineers as a project team member and provide expertise as a scientific resource for key company programs.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of project-based work in the ML field - preference for candidates with a PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, applied math, physics, bioinformatics or related field.
- Proven track record of quality of work is required.
- Fluency in Python with expertise in Keras, PyTorch, Theano, or TensorFlow.
- Experience working with Senior Scientist II, Computational Biologist, and ability to manage and customize cloud-based computing environments.
- Project-based experience with deep learning (including CNNs and RNNs) and handling large, high-dimensional data sets.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the fast-moving ML literature and familiarity with field leaders.
- The ability to identify and investigate important new research topics independently.
- The capacity to develop and iterate on one's own ideas, as well as resource existing knowledge and methods.
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to translate and communicate complex information and concepts for scientists of diverse backgrounds.
- Positive and collaborative attitude; ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multidisciplinary teams composed of scientists and non-scientists to translate emerging research to guide internal programs.
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with protein biophysics, x-ray crystallography, and/or molecular dynamics preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jake Fingado at (+1) 646-481-1930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.