Senior Manager, Publications with San Diego Biotech
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager of Publications with a biotechnology company located in San Diego, CA. Successful candidate will interpret scientific/clinical data, lead the development of key publications, and may be involved in the medical writing of some publication projects.
- Support the efficient planning, tracking and timely dissemination of key data while establishing strong partnerships with key medical leaders, investigators, and internal cross-functional stakeholders.
- Provide appropriate directions to external agencies/consultants to support timely and cost-effective project management.
- Communicate regular status updates to internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate disease state expertise and knowledge of current medical and/or regulatory issues related to company products.
- Provide scientific/clinical direction, manage and deliver on global publication plan.
- Establish relationships with both internal and external stakeholders while ensuring strong partnerships with key opinion leaders, researchers, and professional societies.
- Manage projects, develop and/or oversee the development of abstracts, posters, oral presentations, manuscripts and other documents to ensure appropriate data dissemination.
- Effectively manage simultaneously projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), generate analytic reports related to publication projects.
- Provide frequent and ongoing status updates to management and internal stakeholders.
- Support publication standardization to ensure consistent and compliant practices across cross-functional teams (e.g. Global, affiliates, etc.).
- Attend medical conferences, other professional meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- Scientific or graduate level degree (MS, PharmD, PhD, NP, PA, etc.).
- 3+ years of industry-based experience.
- Relevant therapeutic background/clinical experience is preferred.
- Experience in publication planning (ISMPP membership, CMPP certification)
- Awareness of compliance issues and guidelines around medical education and publications practices (ICMJE, GPP3, HIPAA, GRDP, Sunshine Act, etc.).
- Ability to interpret and synthesize complex clinical/scientific findings, statistical reports, ability to translate findings and adapt messages for diverse audiences.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, and to execute multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely, and cost-efficient manner.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A global mindset and foreign languages are considered strong assets.
- Flexibility of approach, a positive attitude, strong ability to prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company.
- Ability to manage external vendors and provide clear, concise guidance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and system management experience (e.g. Datavision, SharePoint, Veeva Vault, etc.).
- Some travel may be required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.